Each exquisite thatched suite is placed to ensure you enjoy utter seclusion and boasts a comfortable chill area, full bathroom, outdoor rock shower, and wraparound timber platform from where you can drink in the panoramic vistas of the surrounding wilderness paradise. The retractable windows and doors further serve to enhance the feeling of being at one with nature.
Extra amenities include air conditioning, ceiling fans, gas fireplaces as well as a safe, bar fridge, coffee/tea making station, percale linen, mosquito nets, robes, slippers, a hairdryer, umbrella, and animal identification guide.
The family units provide all the same facilities found in the standard double suites and comprise two double bedrooms joined by a central sitting room, dining area, and kitchenette.
The main visitor hub is connected to the suites by timber walkways and is decorated in the same classic Afro-chic décor style. Here you’ll find welcoming indoor and outdoor lounges, an elegant dining room, TV/library room with internet access, and a fully- stocked bar and wine cellar. Tuningi’s main visitor hub opens onto a sweeping timber deck from where you can observe the resident bird- and wildlife that frequent the nearby waterhole.
For a more relaxed perspective on the animal action, why not retreat to the inviting reclining chairs alongside the crystal-clear rim flow pool. Alternatively, follow the walkway that leads from the deck to the Boma positioned below an ancient giant Fig Tree; the ideal setting for fire-lit bush dinners under a sky full of stars. Otherwise, evening meals are served in the cosy dining area.
Wholesome brunches are served on the main platform while lunches are typically enjoyed under the sprawling Fig Tree, giving you an additional opportunity to indulge in some game viewing.
For visitors wanting to spend some time with their partner, a romantic al fresco dinner for two can be arranged by prior request. Families with children also have the choice of taking meals in the confines of their suite or tucking into a feast of local flavours in a separate Boma.
Every meal at Tuningi is treated as an occasion to celebrate life on safari and prepared from the freshest, most delicious ingredients – as per your specific dietary requirements – and made all the better by the selection of superb wines.
Little Tuningi Private Camp is a standalone base built to accommodateup to six visitors in unsurpassed splendour. The Camp consists of astandard double suite coupled with a family unit plus a living area,dining room, gourmet kitchen, Boma, wraparound wooden deck, andswimming pool. While Little Tuningi is designed to provide completeprivacy, visitors are of course welcome to access the main hub and itsfacilities.
Unsurprisingly, Tuningi Safari Lodge affords visitors ample chances todiscover the mysteries of Madikwe Game Reserve, home to the Big 5 andan incredible diversity of African fauna and flora.
Outdoor adventures include exhilarating dawn and dusk game drives instate-of-the-art Land Cruisers and nature trails accompanied byprofessional and passionate rangers.
For a more up close and personal encounter with Madikwe’sresident wildlife and bird species, an exclusive two-person trip can beorganised at an extra cost.
Regrettably, due to safety concerns, children aged five and younger arenot permitted to participate in the regular game drives. However, beinga family-friendly Lodge, Tuningi has plenty to offer junior visitors.The fun and interactive children’s programme begins with apost-breakfast supervised “bumble” to one of thewaterholes. Other activities include treasure hunts, drawing, claymodeling, puzzle building, swimming, T-shirt painting, cooking with thechef, tracing tracks, and recording animal movements.
The Lodge’s fabulous nannies are available throughout the dayto keep a watchful eye on the little ones so that you can enjoy sometime out with total peace of mind. Possibly even indulge in arevitalising massage or spa therapy in the of your suite or on yourplatform; what better way to end another amazing day in this pristinebushveld.
Tuningi Safari Lodge also provides an idyllic setting for your weddingceremony and is equipped to host parties of up to 40 visitors. From theopen-air rehearsal dinner to the traditional exchanging of your nuptialvows atop a small “koppie” looking out towards theWaterberg mountains in the far north, Tuningi’s attention todetail and exceptional service will ensure your “bigday” is the very definition of heavenly.
Its superior accommodation, hospitable ambience, excellent cuisine, andunsurpassed game viewing are what make family-oriented Tuningi SafariLodge such a sought-after destination for family and group wildernessbreakaways.
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
|All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured|
|Details||1 May 2018
to 31 Jul 2018
|1 Aug 2018
to 31 Dec 2018
|1 Jan 2019
to31 Dec 2019
|Main Camp - Per Person Per Night Sharing / Single||R6 065||R6 850||R7 760|
|Children 2-12 yrs||R3 030||R3 425||R3 880|
|Family Suite - (sleeps 4)||R24 265||R27 400||R31 040|
* Children between 2 – 12 years will pay the child rate when sharing 1 chalet with 2 full paying guests (not the Family Suite).
Creating triple suites in a Luxury Suite or adding an additional child to the Family Suite will be subject to availability based on occupancy (please contact Reservations).
# Please Note: No single supplement for the first single suite confirmed in any one reservation. Second single suite or more pay a 50% supplement on the per person sharing rate.
- Deposit of 20% of the total accommodation charge is required on confirmation. Balance is due 30 days prior to arrival
- Luxury Accommodation,
- all meals,
- game drives,
- teas & coffees with meals.
- Curio shop purchases,
- drinks, telephone calls, entrance fee (fly in or drive in),
- laundry services,
- airstrip to lodge transfers. (Tuningi doesn’t charge for these transfers from the Western Airstrip, however, when the weather is bad and they have to land at the Eastern Airstrip there will be a charge of R250 per vehicle, one way).
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- 45–30 days – 50% of full amount
- 30–15 days – 75% of full amount
- 14 days or less – 100% of full amount Bookings are not transferabl
- Children between 2 – 12 years will pay the child rate when sharing 1 chalet with 2 full paying guests (not the Family Suite).
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Baby-sitters are available at an extra cost.
- Children 5 years and younger are not allowed on game drives.
- There is a children’s programme available.
- Children in own room or family unit are charged full rate.
- No charge for children under 2 years of age
- Guests may arrive any time from 14h00, and rooms are to be vacated by 11h00.
- Early check in/ departure subject to supplements.
- Wonderboom gate opens at 06h00 and closes at 21h00.
- Please phone the lodge directly if you are going to arrive later than 15h00
- There are daily scheduled Madikwe Air/Federal Air flights from O.R Tambo Airport (JIA).
- Private Charters & road transfers are available on request.
- Please note we require a 25% deposit in order to secure a ground or air transfer.
Tuningi Safari Lodge can accommodate 16 people for an awesome bush experience which is impossible to replicate in larger concerns. The lodge can be booked for exclusive use for sixteen guests or alternatively Little Tuningi will offer exclusivity to a smaller group with a maximum of six guests.
Our lodge offers some of the best views in Madikwe as well as the feeling of tranquility given by the surrounding trees under which the main building, two family units and 4 luxury bush villas nestle, an intimate homely setting offering complete privacy. All bush villas have air-conditioning, ceiling fans, gas fireplaces, en-suite bathrooms, outdoor rock showers and private wrap around wooden decks.
Tuningi Safari Lodge Combines the Wonders of the African Bushveld with the Splendours of Five Star Luxuries.
The main entertainment and reception area of Tuningi Safari Lodge overlooks an active waterhole that provides fantastic game viewing from the safety of an expansive wooden deck. The rim flow pool and comfy lounges give the lodge a sumptuous and welcoming feel.
The décor at Tuningi Safari Lodge is African-chic, with the main thatched lodge comprising of a sumptuous cosy lounge, a spacious dining room and a well-stocked bar and wine cellar
These spaces are interlinked by a sweeping wooden pool deck and walkway that leads to a boma under an ancient sprawling Fig Tree, from which Tuningi derives its name. This boma deck is perfect for outdoor dinners around a blazing log fire, where you can see and hear the wildlife just a few feet away.
For guests who battle to divorce themselves from technology in the bush, they are able to watch satellite TV, and connect with the “outside world” with Wi-Fi, all provided in the Tuningi lounge.
The ideal way for guests to catch up on some quiet time would be to select a book from the library and settle down in the lounge or on one of the outside decks to read, which is often highlighted by some game passing by.
Tuningi is family friendly through and through, and not only offers an endless array of activities to keep the kids entertained, but experienced baby sitters allowing some time-out for the parents.
FACILITIES AT A GLANCE
- Lounge & Dining Room
- Bar & Wine Cellar
- Boma and Viewing Deck Under an Ancient Fig Tree next to an Active Waterhole
- Wooden Viewing Deck around a Rim-flow Swimming Pool Overlooking a Waterhole
- Indulgent Massage Treatments
- Wi-Fi in the Main Lodge
- Fictional, Non-fictional Books & Novels
- Satellite Television in Main Lodge (sport channels only)
- Safari Gear on Sale
- Babysitting Service (additional cost)
|► Directions to Tuningi Safari Lodge|
|► Travelling by Air|
At Tuningi, your wedding ceremony will become a subtle combination of African chic, grace and charm. The ceremony will take place on a ‘koppie’ (hill) overlooking the northern
part of the Madikwe Game Reserve. Defined by careful attention to detail, service and co-ordination, the Tuningi team will lend a stylish yet relaxed and welcoming atmosphere to your exclusive wedding....
On the night of arrival we will treat you and your guests to a traditional bush dinner in the middle of the reserve under the stars. The day of the wedding will begin lazily with a
relaxed brunch on the deck at the lodge, after which all will have time for a rest before the big event.
Defined by careful attention to detail, service and co-ordination, the Tuningi team will lend a stylish yet relaxed and welcoming atmosphere to your exclusive bush wedding.
YOUR WEDDING PACKAGE @ TUNINGI INCLUDES:
- Game drives the day before and after the wedding for all guests that are accommodated at the lodge.
- Bush dinner the night before the wedding for all the guests.
- Wedding ceremony in the bush on a hilltop.
- A welcome drink and snack in the Tuningi boma, overlooking the waterhole, during the bridal couple’s photoshoot.
- Wedding reception and dinner in the Main Lodge.
- Single layer wedding cake with topping of your choice.
- Singing and dancing of Lodge choir.
- Special wedding turndown for the bridal couple including a bottle of South African sparkling wine.
- Wedding gift for the bridal couple, courtesy of Tuningi.
- Full body massage for bride and groom.
- Witnesses at the ceremony (lodge staff).
- Pressing of bride and groom garments.
This package EXCLUDES: (To be quoted on request)
- The Minister, his/her travel and preparation and processing of all legal documents.
- Photographer, hairdresser, make-up artist and additional beauty treatments.
- All Beverages.
- Flowers of your choice. wedding package
Exclusive lodge booking of 16 pax
R26 895 [EXCLUDING ACCOMMODATION]
Weddings of up to 40 guests can be catered for, please contact reservations for a quote