Family-friendly Motswiri can accommodate up to 16 visitors in five luxury thatched Bush Villas and one dedicated Family Villa. The five beautifully-appointed Bush Villas are set around the Lodge swimming pool overlooking a busy waterhole.
Each generous Bush Villa features a bedroom with a double-sided gas fireplace, en- suite bathroom with indulgent corner bath, toilet, and double basins, an outdoor rock shower, air-conditioning, ceiling fans, and wrap around viewing deck.
The Villa suites classic Afro-centric style, natural textures, neutral palette plus the multiple retractable glass doors and windows work to enhance the feeling of utter peace offered by this wilderness paradise.
The private Family Villa is positioned some distance from the main Lodge building to afford visitors the possibility to experience the breathtaking splendour of this bushveld haven in total solitude.
The Family Villa can sleep a maximum of six visitors in three air-conditioned bedrooms making it perfect for families and small group getaways. Each bedroom has air- conditioning and an en-suite bathroom with outdoor showers. Additional amenities include a spacious lounge opening onto an elevated wooden verandah complete with plunge pool and Boma.
The tastefully decorated main Lodge building boasts a separate sitting area, a dining room as well as an inviting bar, each with a fireplace where you cosy up on chilly winter evenings. The cool of the communal infinity swimming pool is just the ideal spot from which to enjoy the non-stop parade of resident wildlife meandering down to the waterhole for a refreshing drink.
In keeping with its impeccable hospitality and personal service, Motswiri’s cuisine is every bit as sublime as the glorious natural surroundings. Meals are served in the Lodge dining room, outside under the grove of Leadwood trees or around the Boma’s roaring fire on balmy summer nights.
And because an excursion to Madikwe is all about the incredible diversity of fauna and flora, Motswiri Private Safari Lodge provides visitors every opportunity to explore the wonders of this magnificent Big Five Game Reserve.
Activities include morning and afternoon/evening game drives in specially adapted Landcruisers, superb bird watching, and nature trails accompanied by expert rangers. Mini children’s game drives can be arranged by prior request for junior visitors under six years who are unfortunately not permitted on regular game drives. The Lodge also makes a babysitting service available at an extra cost.
Motswiri Private Safari Lodge can be booked on an exclusive-use basis making it a first- class destination choice for intimate corporate retreats and once-in- a-lifetime safari breakaways with friends and family.
* Motswiri is the Tswana name for the Leadwood tree
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability|
|Seasonal Rates||1 May 2018
to 30 Aug 2018
|1 Sep 2018
to 31 Dec 2018
|Safari Lodge Single Per Night||R5 720||R6 990|
|Safari Lodge Per Person Per Night Sharing||R3 815||R4 660|
|Safari Lodge Children 5-14 yrs sharing||R1 905||R2 330|
|Group or Family - Complete Lodge (10 Beds)||On Request||On Request|
|Seasonal Rates||1 Jan
to 30 Apr 2019
|1 May 2019
to 31 Jul 2019
|1 Aug 2019
to 31 Dec 2019
|Safari Lodge Single Per Night||R7 560||R6 175||R7 560|
|Safari Lodge Per Person Per Night Sharing||R5 040||R4 115||R5 040|
|Safari Lodge Children 5-14 yrs sharing||R2 520||R2 060||R2 520|
|Group or Family - Complete Lodge (10 Beds)||R||On Request||On Request|
- Inclusive of 15% VAT
- In South African Rand
- Subject to availability
All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without prior notice, however fully paid bookings will be honoured
- Luxury accommodation
- Two game drives per day
- All meals daily
- Welcome drinks and teas & coffees at meals
- Road transfer from the Madikwe Airstrip to the Lodge
- Tourism Levy
- Curio shop purchases
- Telephone calls
- Lodge transfers
- Airport Tax
- Fly in fee
- Laundry services unless otherwise indicated
- Specialised coffees
- Gate entry fees
- Children of all ages are welcome at our lodge * Babysitters available (at extra cost)
- Children under 6 years old are not permitted on game drives
- Children sharing room with parents pay 50%
- Children in own room are charged full price
- Child policy applies to children between the ages of 14 years to 5 years
- No charge for children under 4 years
- Tour Guides can be accommodated subject to availability (may only be confirmed last minute)
- Guides are not guaranteed game drives
- A deposit of 50% of the total accommodation charge is required for direct bookings.
- Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Four weeks before arrival - 75% of full amount.
- Two weeks before arrival - 100% of full amount
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE:
- Check in is at 14h00 and Check out is at 11h00
- Daily scheduled MADIKWE AIR/FEDERAL AIflights from O.R.Tambo Airport (JIA).
- Private charters are available on request
- Road transfers available on request
- Fly in fee into the Madikwe Reserve; please settle in camp.
- Insect Repellent
- Swimming costume
WHAT TO BRING iN WINTER: MAY TO AUGUST
- Long johns/thermal underwear for game drives as it can be bitterly cold due to the wind chill factor (pantyhose/tights are also a great chill deterrent!)
- Warm jackets are essential in winter
WHAT TO BRING WITH ME IN GENERAL:
(Irrespective of the time of year, the following must definitely be brought with you)
- Film or memory cards
- Camera’s with Batteries
- Binoculars or spotting scope
- Reference material (eg. Bird or tree books)
- Jacket or sweat shirt for game drives
- Any chronic medication – the nearest chemist is over 100 kms away
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sun hat
- Sun block
- Light, neutral coloured clothing
GATE ENTRANCE FEES:
*Gates open @ 06h00 & closes @ 21h00.
Entrance fee into the Madikwe Reserve by road, please settle in camp
FLIGHT & AIR TRANSFERS & PRIVATE CHARTERS:
*Guests may arrive any time from 14:00, and rooms are to be vacated by 11:00am.*Should you decide to fly to Madikwe, kindly advise us your incoming flight number at OR Tambo so that we may arrange a flight for you as well as your outgoing flight number from OR Tambo to your next destination
* Please note the above fly in fees will be over and above the airline seat rates
* The fly in fees may be settled at the lodge
Luxury Self Catering Family Villa
- Luxury accommodation in our three bedroom (all en-suite) Family Villa which has a private lounge, deck and private splash pool
- Two game drives per day
- Fire made every night in your private boma
- Road transfer from the Madikwe Airstrip to the Lodge
- Daily housekeeping
Motswiri Private Safari Lodge lies hidden in the bush, an exclusive lodge offering a maximum of 10 people a bush experience which is impossible to replicate in larger concerns. Our lodge offers some of the best views in Madikwe as well as the feeling of tranquility given by the mature trees (mostly leadwoods) under which the main building and 5 luxury bush villas nestle, an intimate homely setting offering complete privacy. Dining also takes place in the outside boma on balmy summer nights.
All 5 bush villas have air-conditioning, ceiling fans, gas fireplaces, en-suite bathrooms, outdoor rock showers and private wrap around wooden decks. The interiors have been skilfully designed so that there is a blend between open space and the bush by utilising the retractable doors and windows.
* GPS co-ordinates for Wonderboom Gate: S24 ̊46’02.73” / E26 ̊09’45.45”
* Motswiri is 30 minutes’ drive from the Wonderboom Gate into the Madikwe Game reserve
* The road travelling from this gate to Motswiri, is a gravel road
* The speed limit in the Madikwe Game Reserve is 40km/h
* Should you rent a vehicle, please inform the car rental company that you will be travelling on a gravel road
* Please note that we can arrange a road transfer for you from OR Tambo and surrounding areas
* Should you book the road transfer through us, please advise us of your flight number and time of arrival at OR Tambo so that we may arrange that the chauffeur will meet you at arrivals
Morning and afternoon/evening game-drives in open game-viewing vehicles, bush sundowners and drink stops on the Reserve, visits to hides. Regrettably, due to safety concerns, children under 6 years of age are unable to participate in game-drives (shorter kiddies game drives can be arrange after breakfast).
Game-rich country with Big Five (black & white rhino, elephant, lion, buffalo and leopard) cheetah, wild dog, kudu, springbok, eland, red hartebeest, giraffe and impala, A paradise for bird watchers.
Motswiri Private Safari Lodge is located in the 75 000-hectare malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve which is located in the North West Province of South Africa. The Lodge is easily accessible by private charter or the daily Madikwe Shuttle into Madikwe Western Airstrip just 30 minutes from our lodge through the reserve. Motswiri Private Safari Lodge is a 4 and a half hour’s drive from Johannesburg on the N4.
|► Directions to Motswiri Private Safari Lodge|
- From Johannesburg International Airport now O.R. TAMBO AIRPORT - Take R21 to Pretoria.
- Head north on the N1 towards the N4 Toll Road
- Take the N4 Toll road north west towards Rustenburg, Swartruggens, Groot Marico and Zeerust
- Once in Zeerust turn right at the fourth stop street into President Street. There is a signpost on the left that says “ Madikwe Game Reserve/Gaborone” and a First National Bank on the corner to the right
- Follow the R49 towards the reserve for approximately 97km
- The first entrance to the reserve is Abjaterskop gate
- Pass that gate and enter at the next gate Wonderboom Gate exactly 7km from the first gate