This luxurious owner-managed Game Lodge truly lives up to the essence of its name which means “a gift from God” in Tswana and boasts eight elevated glass-fronted luxury chalets and two deluxe chalets. The beautifully decorated thatched chalets are all located to maximise your solitude and your vistas of the parade of resident game making their way to and from the waterhole.
Each standard chalet has twin beds with the option of king-sized bed available on request, a fireplace, full en-suite bathroom, outdoor shower, mini-bar, safe, tea/coffee making facilities, air-conditioning, and a covered deck.
The opulent deluxe unit has two en-suite bedrooms, each with a private patio and en-suite bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers, double hand basin, and oversized bath and provides all the amenities found in the standard luxury chalets.
In addition, this spacious unit also has a central lounge, dining room, kitchen, and bar opening onto an extended wooden deck which features a refreshing plunge pool. Visitors staying in the deluxe suites also have the exclusive use of a game drive vehicle at their disposal as well as the services of a dedicated chef.
Impodimo’s main building is done out in the same contemporary Afro-centric style as the chalets and is the hub of this magnificent Game Lodge. Here you will find an intimate sitting room, bar area with a stunning circular fireplace as its central point, a cosy library, well-stocked wine cellar, and curio shop.
Scrumptious breakfasts and lunches are typically served in the pool Lapa while high teas are hosted al fresco in a spot overlooking Madikwe’s expansive terrain. Come dinnertime the traditional firelit Boma is the perfect place to experience Impodimo’s delectable Pan-African cuisine and swap tales of your close encounters with Africa’s big game.
If you’re in need of some tranquility, why not retire to the crystal-clear pool or seek refuge in the Sala which lies adjacent to the waterhole. Or complete your day in the great outdoors with an indulgent in-room massage by one of Impodimo’s professional massage therapists.
Impodimo Game Lodge is set up to offer guests the chance to discover all the wonders and wildlife that make Madikwe a world-acclaimed reserve. Activities include dawn and dusk game drives in open Landrovers and nature trails under the supervision of professional field guides and experienced Shangaan trackers.
The late afternoon safari drive includes a sundowner stop, giving you the opportunity to watch the sun go down on another fabulous day in this wilderness idyll and observe the more elusive nocturnal bird- and wildlife. And in the cooler winter months, the Lodge provides visitors full-day trips to the other side of Madikwe Game Reserve, including a tasty picnic lunch.
While junior visitors under the age of six are not permitted on the regular game drives, Impodimo does have a “bush bumble” for the children. What’s more, each youngster will receive a personalized welcome pack with goodies and activities to do inbetween their mini-safaris. In addition, the Lodge does provide babysitting services on request.
However, you wish to spend your time, Impodimo Game Lodge is geared to make your dream of a once-in- a-lifetime African safari a reality without comprising on life’s luxuries.
- How to get there?
- Impodimo has renovated
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
|Details||6 Jan 2019
to 30 Nov 2019
|Luxury Suites Per Person Per Night Sharing||R6 230|
|Family Safari Suite (4 adults & 2 kids)||R32 860|
|Deluxe Safari Suite (4 adults)||R35 650|
note that our gate times are between 06:00am and 21:00 pm and cannot be
opened unless its a medical emergency
|Carved from the hillside, eight glass fronted luxury chalets line a natural spring, each enjoying striking views either from within or from the outdoor shower. The lodge enjoys spectacular vistas extending as far as the eye can see, your choice may be to visit in summer and laze on the pool deck with a chilled chardonnay. Or maybe a winter safari - retire to the library with a cognac or stoke the fire in your suite, gaze out at the stars before drifting away with vivid images of unrestricted close encounters with Africa's big game.|
|22 beds in 10 suites presented as|
|Each Luxury suite features||► Two Deluxe suites in combination feature|
Minimum of 2 nights on weekend
Kickstart 2019 with great specials!
March Madness R3 480
Valid for travel between 23 January and 30 March 2019.
Rate is per person sharing per night in a Luxury Suite based on a minimum of 2 nights.
Rate includes accommodation, all meals, teas and snacks, 2 safari activities per day with a guide and tracker, romantic turn-downs on request and 50% off massage treatments.
YEAR RATE - must book within 7 days of travel
Luxury Chalet (8) per person per night sharing . R3 970
YEAR RATE - must book within 14 days of travel
Luxury Chalet (8) per person per night sharing . R4 250
Single supplement - 50% of the per person sharing rate
Children under the age of 12 years - 50% of the per person sharing rate when sharing with two adults on request only
- all meals, teas & snacks,
- select local and imported drinks and
- 2 daily game drives per day.
- Park entrance fees as determined by the North West Parks & Tourism Board,
- conservation levy per adult and per child per night, which is subject to change without notice,
- select premium brand drinks,
- bed levy of R5.75 per person per night (subject to change without notice) and
- items of a personal nature.
LAST MINUTE RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME.
Terms & Conditions
- Subject to availability
- Rates are for the entry level room type only unless otherwise specified
- Long weekends are strictly subject to availability and require a minimum of 2 nights stay
- Normal cancellation policies apply
- Must book within 7 or 14 days of travel
- Rates are subject to change at any time
Children – 50% of the per person sharing rate when sharing with two adults.
12 years sharing with adults in Deluxe Safari Suite will be charged 50%
of the Standard Suite sharing rate
- Standard Suites: Accommodation, all meals, teas & snacks, local drinks on safaris and 2 daily safari activities.
- Family Safari Suite: As above and full use of the unit & sole use of safari vehicle with your private ranger and tracker.
- Deluxe Safari Suite: As above with family safari suite, including a private chef, with all meals catered for in the unit.
- Park entrance fees as determined by North West Parks & Tourism Board, which may be subject to change without notice,
- select premium brand drinks,
- bed levy of R 5.70 per person per night (subject to change without notice) and
- items of a personal nature.
- Please note a surcharge may apply to certain dietary requirements.
Terms and Conditions
- A non-refundable 20% deposit is required to confirm any reservation.
- Full payment of the balance is due 7 days prior to guests arrival, unless the booking is made within 30 days, in which case full payment will be required to confirm the reservation.
- The following cancellation terms and conditions will apply to reservations which are cancelled in part or in full as follows;
- 45 and 31 days prior to arrival – Forfeit deposit
- 30 and 15 days prior to arrival – 50% of the total amount will be due.
- 14 and 0 days prior to arrival – 90% of the total amount will be due.
- Children under the age of 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the manager or guide.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on safari, and where possible, a kiddies safari will be arranged between normal safari times.
- The lodge reserves the right to impose similar restrictions for family unit guests if it is believed that safety may be compromised.
- Baby sitting facilities can be arranged at the lodge at an additional charge.
A minimum of 2 nights stay is required over weekends, long weekends and public holidays.
Please note that there are road works between Johannesburg and Impodimo and we advise to add an additional hour driving time to your journey. Please take this into consideration should you wish to make it for the afternoon game drive.
Please note that our gate times are between 06:00am and 21:00 pm and cannot be opened unless its a medical emergency
Rise in the morning to an African dawn and enjoy an early morning game drive with your dedicated professional ranger. Relax as your ranger guides you through the bush on a custom made open Landrover, searching out the Big 5 or the smaller secrets of nature. Set out on a foot safari with your armed ranger and learn the secrets of tracking African game or just enjoy the trees, birds and stunning scenery. Return from the excitement of the bush to a sumptuous breakfast or brunch and then relax at the pool or the sala overlooking the waterhole where game may come to quench their thirst. In the afternoon, when the heat of the African sun has diminished and the shadows are longer, head out again on a sundowner safari, where you will stop to watch the sun set on this bushveld paradise and enjoy your favorite sundowner drink.
Once the sun has set and darkness descends, set off again for a night safari where the more nocturnal creatures now rule the bush. Return to the lodge where you will be treated to the finest Pan-African cuisine with your hosts in the open air boma, and share your days adventures, while you enjoy a night cap around the fire. This is a typical day here at Impodimo where your safari experience will unfold. All our rangers are highly qualified and experienced, and undergo regular evaluations and ongoing training to ensure that they are up to our very high standards.
|► Lodge Features|
Impodimo is situated 350 kilometres from O.R Tambo Internal Airport (Johannesburg).
Road transfers can be arranged from Johannesburg or from Gaborone.
Air transfers are available on a daily basis from OR Tambo International Airport to and from Madikwe.
Travelling by Road
- Drive from Johannesburg to Magaliesburg along the N14 and the R 24.
- From Magaliesburg, take the R509 through Derby to Koster (69km)
- Turn right in Koster to Swartruggens. (34km)
- Continue straight through Swartruggens towards Groot Marico and Zeerust. You do not actually pass through the town of Groot Marico
- After entering Zeerust, keep straight on until you see a sign for Gaberone / Madikwe Game Reserve. Turn right there.
- Continue on this road through 2 rural villages and past Madikwe Road Takeaways (a store and filling station) and past Nietverdiend (a store, filling station and police station).
- Continue on this road past the Abjagterskop Gate for Madikwe Game Reserve on your right. (Thatched entrance with flags etc.) for 7km.
- 7 km past the Abjagterskop Gate, you will find another gate (Wonderboom gate) on the Right into the park. We will meet you here.
Rise in the morning to an African dawn and enjoy an early morning game drive with your dedicated professional ranger and tracker. Relax as your ranger guides you through the bush on a custom made open Land Rover searching out the secrets of nature. In the afternoon, when the heat of the African sun has diminished and the shadows are longer, head out on a sundowner safari to watch the sun set on this bushveld paradise and go in search of the more nocturnal creatures that now rule the bush.
Set out on a bush walk with your armed ranger and learn the art of tracking African game, enjoy the trees, birds and stunning scenery
Impodimo has the advantage out during the safaris, in that we have talented trackers on each game viewer that assists the ranger in finding the animals. Trackers make an immense difference as they have the ability to see and read the signs of the bush that others might have missed.
Children on Safari
Children of all ages are welcome at Impodimo and we love to go out of our way to ensure that kids and parents both have an unforgettable safari experience. Our kiddies program is tailored to the different ages and can be fun and educational for all. Each child receives a personalized welcome pack with goodies and activities to do in between safaris. Children over the age of 6 years are welcome on the game drives, however, families with younger children need not fear that their kids will miss out, as we offer a ‘kiddies bumble’ which is shorter and aimed at keeping the little one’s attention.
Enjoy a sumptuous brunch at the pool lapa on return from your morning game drive, high tea in the afternoon overlooking the African Bush and the finest Pan-African cuisine with your hosts in the open air boma and share your adventures while you enjoy a night cap around the fire.
In our cooler winter months, we offer our guests the opportunity to explore the other side of the park with the ranger and tracker. Spend a day out in the bush, stopping for a picnic lunch in the shade.
A day in the bush is not complete without an in room massage treatment out on your private deck by one of our experienced massage therapists.
Impodimo is well known for its awesome game drives, led by top guides with Shangaan trackers. This combination has resulted in years of world class game viewing experiences for their guests. The lodge, with its unpretentious luxury, is unfenced and guests are immersed in the wildlife experience. Impodimo has an extremely active waterhole that attracts all manner of game every day, most of which walk past the chalets on their way to and from the water. Guests are always excited to see herds of game, including elephant and buffalo, literally on the end of their chalet deck passing by. Whilst this is definitely exciting, it doesn’t always present the best photographic opportunities and once the game moves by, guests wanted to keep watching them and their fascinating behaviours. Whilst some chalets had a view of the waterhole, they are still situated quite far away (from a photographer’s perspective) and Impodimo felt that this could be rectified.
Earlier in 2018 they decided to build a hide that would not just provide a safe place to view game at the water hole from, but a place that would bring them right into the thick of the action at the water’s edge. It would also drop them down to a low angle, providing some of the most awesome photographic and viewing opportunities available. In true Impodimo style, they created a new space that is luxury, comfort and function without being pretentious at the same time as giving their guests a front row seat to the action. The hide is built underground and is accessed by means of a cavernous tunnel, displaying some amazing photography and art on the walls. Once you enter the hide at the end of the tunnel, there are many comforts available to guests, from a well-stocked refrigerator, a coffee machine and tea station as well as lounging areas and a library of books to help inspire you. All of this kept cool by an air conditioner. Of course, one doesn’t visit a hide for the coffee! The viewing windows, which are at just the right height have 1-way glass so you can be completely hidden from the game or they can be opened for the perfect uninterrupted views. Once again, Impodimo thinks of the little things that make all the difference; they even provide bean bags to rest your camera on! The hide is suitable for night and day, giving guests an opportunity to get up close and personal with some of the many night visitors to the water hole.
Impodimo has always had a sala, which is a thatched gazebo, that overlooks our smaller waterhole and is just a quiet spot to enjoy nature and immerse yourself in the bush. It was perfect for 2 people, but some people did feel a little exposed in it when the big game was very close. We decided to give it a bit of a face lift and make it a bit bigger and a little less exposed. We doubled the size and included some canvas walls to improve the safety and the privacy. With the extra space, we can now offer massage treatments, or private dinners for special occasions or guests can just relax and watch the bush pass by in comfort and safety.