At the edge of the Marico River and under a grove of Tamboti and Marula trees alike, you will find yourself enchanted by a world of intrigue and majestic beauty. Madikwe Hills Private Game Lodge is where the plains still team with game and the acacia savannah symbolizes a paragon of beauty. Black Rhino roam freely among the Big 5; Giraffe gallop across the plains at sunset and zebra call out to one another in the early hours of the morning, after enduring a night of lion viewing upon the plains. Traversing over 75,000 hectares of true, untamed Africa and set in magnificent koppies among boulders, Madikwe Hills gently ebbs to the pulse of Africa’s drumbeats. The luxurious suites are ingeniously placed among the boulders. The unusual, yet subtle décor integrates natural elements with colours highlighting Africa’s ambiance.
- Accommodation Accommodation
- Accommodation Accommodation
- Accommodation Accommodation
- Accommodation Accommodation
- Facilities Facilities
- Facilities Facilities
- Facilities Facilities
- Location Map Location Map
- Luxury Specials
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rands • Subject to availability
|Details||1 1 Jan 2018
31 Dec 2018
|Person Sharing Per Night Sharing /Single||10 475.0|
Children (10-16 yrs)
Little Madikwe Hills
Villa per Night
|Little Madikwe Hills can therefore accommodate a maximum of 8-9 guests.|
The rates include
- Luxurious Accommodation in a thatched suite
- Two game drives daily (one in the morning and one in the late afternoon)
- Laundry (Not Dry cleaning services)
- Three meals daily, coffees and teas
- Non-premium beverages
- WiFi available in Main Lodge
- Use of the gym
- Transfer to and from the airstrip
- Park Entrance Fees (R180 per adult & R80 per child when driving in and R240 per adult & R150 per child flying in – subject to change)
- Conservations fee (R150.00 per person per day and R75.00 per child per day)
- Premium beverages & Cellar Wines
- Spa Treatments
- Telephone Calls
- Curio Shop Purchases
Treat yourself to the ultimate 8 Night South African Luxury Safari at three of our sensational 5-star Lodges situated in the world-renowned Madikwe, Timbavati and the Sabi Sand Game Reserves.
Your Luxurious Safari begins with three nights of bushveld bliss in a 75 000 hectare malariafree Big-5 game reserve on the border of Botswana. At Madikwe Hills Private Game Lodge, with endless views of African bush where the plains teem with game, you can delight in sightings of the rare Wild Dog, glorious gourmet meals and thirst quenching cocktails.
From Madikwe, you will be whisked off to the world famous Sabi Sand Game Reserve where you can relax and soak up the tranquillity of the African bush for three wonderful nights at Leopard Hills Private Game Lodge. This exclusive lodge is built on a hill overlooking a natural waterhole with spectacular game viewing from the deck of your private suite... explore the endless fascination of Africa’s wildlife in open, state-of-the-art game viewing vehicles, indulge in pampering treatments and savour spectacular sunsets.
En-route to Kings Camp from Leopard Hills, you will be transferred to Elephant Whispers where you will be enthralled by a two-hour Ultimate Elephant Experience, which includes an indulgent champagne picnic surrounded by these gentle giants.
Complete your Bush Trilogy with two nights of splendour in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve while revelling in the warmth of gracious hospitality from a bygone era at the ultra luxurious Kings Camp. Live the true African Safari game viewing experience in refined luxury... a leopard on the hunt, lions roaring at twilight, hippo wallowing, or a crocodile basking on a sandy beach; each viewing will enthral.
The ultimate bush sojourn... this exclusive package offers three unique Lodge and Bushveld experiences creating lasting memories...
MADIKWE HILLS PRIVATE GAME LODGE
Madikwe Game Reserve
Situated in the spectacular malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve, traversing over 185 000 acres of true untamed Africa, where the plains still team with game and the wild dog roam freely amongst the ‘Big 5’.
The Lodge offers 9 ultra-luxurious glass-fronted suites complete with their own verandah and private plunge pools are ingeniously placed amongst the boulders
LEOPARD HILLS PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
Sabi Sand Private Nature Reserve
Greater Kruger National ParK
This exclusive lodge is situated in the ‘Big 5’ Sabi Sand Game Reserve bordering the world famous Kruger National Park. With only 8 luxurious air-conditioned glass-fronted suites, complete with their own verandah and private plunge pools, the lodge offers exclusive privacy. Excellent game viewing, high service standards, delicious cuisine and a warm atmosphere ensure a memorable safari.
KINGS CAMP PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
Greater Kruger National Park
Kings Camp is situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, bordering the Kruger National Park and reflects the charm and romance of a Colonial past in a pristine corner of unspoilt Africa. The Lodge faces an open savanna plain with a waterhole, which is frequented by a wide variety of wildlife day and night. The six generously spacious Luxury Suites and one Luxury Family Suite, are elegantly decorated in a Colonial-style
THIS SUPERB PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- 3 Nights at Madikwe Hills Private Game Lodge, Madikwe Game Reserve.
- 2 Nights at Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve, Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- 3 Nights at Kings Camp Private Game Reserve, Timbavati Private Nature Reserve.
- Airfare OR Tambo (Johannesburg) – Madikwe Hills – OR Tambo (Johannesburg).
- Airfare OR Tambo (Johannesburg) – Leopard Hills.
- Road Transfer Leopard Hills – Elephant Whispers – Kings Camp.
- Airfare Kings Camp – OR Tambo (Johannesburg).
- Flights and transfers not listed. • Conservation levies and park entry fees.
- Cellar wines, premium brand spirits, champagne, cognacs, cigars and cigarettes.
- Telephone calls, curios shop purchases, transfers, gratuities, additional activities, wellness treatments and laundry.
|2018 Package Rate
Valid: 08 Jan - 20 Dec 2018
|R 21 820||R73 180||R 95 000|
|RATES ARE QUOTED PER PERSON SHARING
Single transport (AIR & ROAD) surcharge applicable if travelling alone
- Terms & Conditions Apply.
- Package rates are non-combinable with existing special offers at the Lodges.
- An additional surcharge applies should the routing be amended.
- Flight rates and schedules, and accommodation rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Flight rates include combined fuel levies and departure tax.
At Madikwe Hills weenhance your game viewing experience by only having 6 guests per game vehicle – One room per row for double or triple occupied rooms. Single occupied rooms might share a row with one other person” For guests making use of the child sharing policy, the child will be included in the adults row in the vehicle.
*One child (10 -16 years) sharing a suite with 2 x paying adults pay 50% of the adult sharing rate.
Please Note: No single supplement for the first single suite confirmed in any one reservation. Second single suite or more pay a 50% supplement on the per person sharing rate
HILLS PRIVATE CAMP
Little Madikwe Hills consists of a private 2-bedroomed villa and two optional additional suites which form a completely private camp.
Little Madikwe Hills can therefore accommodate a maximum of 8-9 guests.
(Rates for the additional suites are the same as the MADIKWE HILLS - MAIN CAMP rates).
The villa is ideal for families with children under the age of 10 years, as the Main Camp is not geared for younger children.
Additional Suite Inclusions
• Private Game Drive Vehicle & Game Ranger • Personal Butler and Personal Chef • All meals served in the Suite • Satellite TV, DVD movies • Children’s games & books
- All tariffs quoted are subject to change,without prior notice, however rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured.
- Luxury accommodation.
- Two game drives per day.
- Three meals daily.
- Tea / Coffee.
- A wide selection of local beverages, house wines and spirits. High tea canapes & snacks.
- Selection of Fruit Juices.
- Laundry service.
- Load transfers from the Madikwe Airstrip to the lodge.
- Curio shop Gates open at 06h00 and closes at 21h00. Entrance fee by Road is R180 per adult and R80 per child (settle at the lodge, not at the gate) - subject to change. Please be advised that guests driving to the lodge who arrive after sunset will not be allowed to self drive in the reserve. The lodge will send a representative to escort guests to the lodge at an additional cost. purchases
- Cellar wines and premium spirits
- Telephone calls
- Spa treatments
- Lodge transfers
- Airport Tax
- Conservation Fee
- 50% Deposit of the total accommodation charge is required for direct bookings.
- Retail Agents and Tour Operators are requested to prepay, unless otherwise arranged.
- There is a 5% surcharge on credit card payments for commissionable bookings.
- Extras may be settled in camp. We accept all credit cards except Diners Club and American Express
- At Main Camp children over 10 will be accepted (one child may share a suite with 2 full paying adults) and pay 50% of the adult sharing rate.
- Little Madikwe - Our Family Suite can accommodate children of any age. Babysitters are available.
- Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Four weeks before arrival - 50% of full amount.
- Two weeks before arrival - 75% of full amount
- One week or less - 100% of full amount
Arrival | Departure
Guests may arrive any time from 14:00 am, and rooms are to be vacated by 11:00am.
- Archery (Chargeable) R180
- Fishing (Chargeable) R960
- Park fees - R210 per adult per STAY | R105 per child per STAY
- Landing fees - R280 per adult | R140 per child (provisional, subject to change)
- Guest Conservation Contribution: R210 per adult per DAY | R75 per child (under 12 years) per DAY
Please be advised that guests driving to the lodge who arrive after sunset will not be allowed to self drive in the reserve. The lodge will send a representative to escort guests to the lodge at an additional cost. Levies are inclusive of VAT and subject to change without prior notice. They will be charged by the respective lodge to the guest's overall bill and paid at check-out.
► Madikwe Hills Accommodation
|Eight large luxury air-conditioned suites, complete with private plunge pools, under-floor heating, mini-bar, fire places, outside showers, and great views. Your suite has been designed for complete relaxation and comfort, each boasting soft sofas, voluptuous mosquito netting and cotton picot linen. Overhead fans and air-conditioning are a welcome respite from the harshness of the African heat. Salute the timelessness of Africa with a gin & tonic from your fully stocked mini bar. For the energetic MADIKWE HILLS offers a fully equipped gym and health spa. For the businessman…. Internet connection! Children of all ages are most welcome and are accommodated with their own game activities and where needed, Nannies can be arranged to baby sit.|
► Little Madikwe Hills Accommodation
Little Madikwe Hills, the separate private camp at the recently opened Madikwe Hills Private Game Lodge offers VIP’s, families and groups of up to eight people their own piece of paradise in the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve. Separate from the main lodge, Little Madikwe Hills is made up of one presidential suite which has two bedrooms and accommodates two to four people, as well as two additional standard suites next door if required - therefore enabling groups of up to eight people to experience the utmost in luxury and outstanding hospitality that Madikwe Hills has to offer.
Besides the verandah and plunge pools, luxurious décor and added touches in the form of outside showers, fireplaces, underfloor heating and air conditioning, along with concertina glass doors that open the room up entirely are standard in each suite at Madikwe Hills, Little Madikwe Hills has one large swimming pool and also offers extended amenities to groups of guests wanting to truly get away from it all.
All the sumptuous gourmet experiences are enjoyed in the Presidential Suite’s beautifully decorated and enchanting dining room, and prepared in the state of the art kitchen by a personal chef. Little Madikwe guests can even watch the chef prepare their meal and pick up a few gourmet tips, and the suite also comes with a small private wine cellar. A butler is on hand to respond to the group’s every need and a dedicated game ranger and game viewing vehicle means that Little Madikwe guests can enjoy private game drives at their leisure and for as long or as short as they wish – parents need not worry about their young ones disturbing the peace for other guests. Little Madikwe Hills’ reception rooms are also equipped with a satellite TV, DVD collection, as well as a stereo system with an eclectic collection of CDs – allowing guests to truly feel at home.
Madikwe Hills Facilities
A CELEBRATION OF SAFARI STYLE IN THE HEART OF THE MADIKWE
Find yourself enchanted by a world of intrigue and majestic beauty.
Along with a warm and friendly atmosphere, Madikwe Hills offers the highest standard of service, ensuring that each guests’ needs are satisfied during their luxury South African safari stay.
The central area is an important part of everyday life at the Lodge. From the threshold of majestic, age-old East African doors, you immediately feel the cool breeze emanating throughout our central area. Each table in our lounge is stocked with beautiful books, waiting to be read and explored.
The bar entices guests to enjoy a pre-dinner drink and fireside chat with your friendly game rangers and managers, while the main deck overlooking the waterhole is the perfect place to while away the day under a cool umbrella.
Our main swimming pool offers cool respite from the harsh African sun, and is a great way to relax with a cocktail in the afternoon. Dinners in our dining room are a silver-service experience of memorable proportions.
Three mahogany tables await guests to serve up meals of the highest standard. With beautiful artwork on the walls and cutlery and crockery fit for a king, the dining room is the perfect place to spend an evening.
Fine cuisine is accompanied by superb South African, which can be found in our extensive wine cellar next to the dining room. The cellar is a treat for the avid wine connoisseur as well as the learning amateur, and our staff will assist you by suggesting the perfect wine in accordance with the menu of that evening.
A library full of verse and history awaits those yearning for knowledge of the African continent and its safari parks, filled with a collection of fictional and non-fictional books, which will complement your wildlife enjoyment.
For those wanting to keep in touch with family members back home, there is an internet connection in the library, which is available 24 hours. Free WiFi is also available in the library and close by lounge. A television is also available for those wanting to keep up to date with the latest news or sports game.
During the day, guests are welcome to wander up to the reception area to browse through our well-stocked curio shop, where you can select gifts and African memorabilia for your friends and family back home. The shop is stocked with an assortment of beautiful safari gear. Our winter gear and fleece scarves, hats and gloves are perfect for keeping the chills at bay on your evening game drives.
- Elegant Spacious Lounge
- Dining Room
- Intimate Bar
- Wine Cellar with Local wines
- Viewing Deck Overlooking Waterhole
- Central Swimming Pool with Deck
- Library with Free Internet Facilities
- Satellite Television in the Central Lounge
- Traditional Boma
- Well Stocked Curio Shop
- Spa & Gym
Little Madikwe Hills FacilitiesHere You have the Luxury of Setting the Pace of Your Safari...
The ultimate in luxury and privacy, Little Madikwe Hills boasts an opulent self-contained 2-bedroom Private Villa (±390m²) accommodating 4 to 5 guests, with its own game drive vehicle and game ranger, as well as a personal butler to take care of your every need! A diverse wine selection, gourmet kitchen and lounge complete the picture.
By reserving suites 9 and 10, Little Madikwe forms a completely private camp accommodating up to 8 guests, ideal for families and small group safaris.
This Private Villa also boasts a large swimming pool and offers extended amenities to groups of guests wanting to truly get away from it all on a wildlife safari in Africa.
A personal luxury is being able to set your own meal and safari game drive times, making this the ideal, exclusive family escape in Africa.
Your sumptuous gourmet experiences are enjoyed in Little Madikwe’s beautifully decorated and enchanting dining room, and prepared in the state-of-the-art gourmet kitchen by your personal chef. You can even pick up a few culinary tips whilst you watch your meal being prepared!
A butler is on hand to respond to the group’s every need. A dedicated game ranger and game viewing vehicle means that Little Madikwe Hills’ guests can enjoy private game drives at their leisure, for as long or as short as they wish.
Parents need not worry about their young ones disturbing the peace for other guests, as Little Madikwe Hills’ reception room is also equipped with a satellite TV and DVD collection.
Nowhere else in South Africa can groups be accommodated in such privacy and luxury, whilst being able to experience the Big 5 in South Africa, with Wild Dog viewing at their leisure – creating a truly unforgettable experience that far exceeds expectations.
Open-air decks, plunge pools, luxurious décor, outdoor showers, fireplaces, air-conditioning, and concertina glass doors that open the room up entirely; are all standard in each suite at Little Madikwe Hills.
- Exclusive Private Camp accommodating 2-8 guests
- Opulent self contained 2 Bedroomed Villa (±390m²)
- Additional 2 Luxury Suites (±150m²)
- Children of all Ages Welcome
- Private Deck & Swimming Pool
- Air-conditioning, Fans & Fireplaces
- Stocked Mini-bar
- Indoor & Outdoor Showers
- Indoor Venetian Bath
- Private Lounge & Dining Room
- Gourmet Kitchen with Personal Chef
- – Set Your Own Meal Time
- Private Game Vehicle with Ranger
- – Set the Pace of Your Safari
- Personal Butler / Child Minder
- Entertainment Centre
- Satellite TV & DVD Collection
- CD’s & Children’s Games
- Small Library
Madikwe Hills Private Game Lodge is a mere 45 minute flight from Gauteng, or a scenic four hour drive, you will be met by our warm and friendly staff in the main reception area. It is here where you can select gifts for your friends and family back home from our curio shop, which boasts a breath-taking view of the boulders and rocks of MADIKWE HILLS – open landrovers with bucket seats and fold-down armrests stand ready to take you on safari. Your knowledgeable ranger with his friendly disposition, will ensure that your experiences are not but a “whisper on the winds of a timeless eternity”.
At Madikwe Hills, we like to keep things simple, but exceptional...
This package includes:
- Ceremony in the heart of the bushveld / main deck of the lodge.
- South African Methode Cap Classique sparkling wine for the couple.
- Single layer wedding cake with decoration of choice.
- 30 minute massage for bride and groom.
- Transportation of Bridal couple from lodge to ceremony if in the bush.
- Traditional Tswana Choir to perform at the ceremony.
- Wedding turn-down.
- Wedding gift for the bridal couple, courtesy of Madikwe Hills.
- The use of your own personal wedding co-ordinator, who is on hand at all times to make your stay just that more memorable and relaxing.
- A bridal bouquet, a groom’s button-hole and a local bunch of flowers of your choice.
This package EXCLUDES: (To be quoted on request)
- The Minister, his/her travel and preparation and processing of all legal documents.
- Photographer, hairdresser, make-up artist and additional beauty treatments.
- All Beverages.
- Any additional flowers.
TOTAL: R 26 895 [EXCLUDING ACC OMMODATION]
LEGALITY OF FOREIGN WEDDINGS IN SOUTH AFRICA
The law in South Africa requires a foreign couple to attend an appointment at the Department of Home Affairs before they can be legally married in South Africa. Since this is quite a cumbersome task for someone on safari, we suggest that you process all legal marriage documents in your home country and enjoy your ceremony on safari in a more traditional way